The Development Bank of Ecuador B.P. (BDE), is a public financial entity focused on granting credits to finance programs and projects of pre-investment, investment, infrastructure and public services, primarily to Decentralized Autonomous Governments (GAD), Public Companies (EP) and other entities mainly from the public sector.
Additionally, it grants financing to real estate development projects mainly of social interest, straight to public and private real estate developers, through financial institutions through rediscount operations.
Credit Services for Public Investment:
- Organisms and dependencies of the Executive, Legislative, Judicial, Electoral and Transparency and Social Control functions. For example, ministries, secretariats, public companies, among others.
- Autonomous Decentralized Governments (GAD) Provincial (prefectures), Municipal (mayoralties) and Parishes (parochial boards).
- Organisms and entities created by the Constitution or the law for the provision of public services or to develop economic activities assumed by the State.
- Legal persons created by regulatory act of the GAD for the provision of public services.
Social Interest Housing Service:
First Floor Banking:
- Natural Persons through a trust.
- Legal persons:
- Real Estate Developers,
- Decentralized Autonomous Governments,
- Public Housing Companies.
- Public - Private Alliances / Strategic Alliances
- Public Institutions that finance and / or promote housing projects; and,
- Real Estate Commercial Trusts, in which case their constituents will be co-debtors.
Second Floor Banking:
- Financial entities
The sectors financed by the BDE and that will be subject to the prioritization determined in the general policies are: Environmental Sanitation, Urban Equipment, Transport and communication, roads, irrigation and flood control, Health, Protection of the environment and natural disasters, energy, tourism, institutional strengthening and citizen participation, education and culture, agriculture, cattle raising and fishing.
- Drinking water
- Sanitary sewer
- Storm Sewer
- Combined Sewer
- Solid Waste
- Markets, shopping centers
- Recreational parks
- Industrial parks
- Bus stations, air terminals,
- Ports and docks
- Urban roads.
- Rural roads.
- Transit Facilitators.
- Special roads: bicycle lanes, footpaths, pedestrian crossings, etc.
- Road equipment for road construction and maintenance.
- Projects that promote administrative efficiency
- Projects that promote financial efficiency
- Management and service direction
- Urban and rural cadastre
- Development of institutional strengthening plans
- Planning and control of the environment
- Protection of basins and protected natural areas
- Nurseries and afforestation
- Projects arising from natural disasters
- Educational infrastructure: schools, colleges, universities and polytechnics
- Research projects
- Auditoriums, theaters, museums, laboratories and libraries
- Colosseums and sports infrastructure
- Infrastructure for artistic training
- Restoration of cultural buildings
The services offered by the Development Bank of Ecuador have no cost.